Submitted: 08-19-2008 by Julie T

I did SO much homework before picking up a Dirigo 120, and yet I probably still made a mistake.
Don't get me wrong -- lots to like. Great storage, stability, very comfy seat, and tracks well. But this thing turns like a semi and weighs more than about any boat in its class at 55 lbs. Trying to load it alone on the cartop has mostly caused me lots of aggravation and some vehicle paint damage, and getting it to the water is also surprisingly cumbersome.

I am just looking for something both easier to handle solo and more maneuverable on the water, so honestly I'll be putting this baby on Craig's List come spring. It was just not the right call for me (44 y/o active female, kayaking with a club but otherwise solo, and wanting more maneuverability for easy rivers than straight lines across the local lake).

OS Systems: