Submitted: 08-15-2008 by Laura N

Okay, so the little Break perfect? No. It is short, and its short LWL makes for low hull speed and less than stellar fineness and prismatic ratios. It has no deck rigging and no hatches. A fast efficient and capacious boat it is not.

But. . . I have a major physical issue. I have been weakened by some sort of neurological disease, and there is a very low limit to the weight I can get from car to water and back, and then onto the car. If I cannot get the boat wet, it is of small use to me no matter how wonderful it might be in the water. And the Break weighs all of 26 lbs! While any of them would be easy to handle in the water, this one I can handle out of the water too.

And it floats and it is not so slow as one might think it would be. Does it track wonderfully? No, but that is where technique comes in.

And it is tough. Already I have run it hard aground on sharp basaltic rocks lurking in the local lake's shoals. It gets small scratches, and laughs.

Workmanship seems okay. And it was a tad under three hundred including tax - bought locally. Hot dang! My last inflatable (seemed a good idea given my issues with boats out of the water) went hiss in a hurry - and not from rocks, it leaked topside. The Ram-X Break will not hiss. And it is pretty good.

I give it a eight because it is not a superlight Kevlar boat. But it did not cost three thousand too.
Thanks Pelican!