Submitted: 08-15-2008 by JC

First season, and really enjoyed my Cayuga 146. I've had it on big lakes, small lakes calm rivers and not so calm rivers, including 12 miles of the Pine River in Michigan.

The boat is made from a very stiff High Density Polyethylene, which gives it a somewhat higher stiffness than some other Kayaks I observed this summer based on the "cave in" factor while attaching to the rack. She handles pretty well for a 14.5 foot boat, and maneuvering in the Pine was not difficult.

The storage compartments are roomy, and the hatches stay on with the help of criss-cross straps, but there is some leakage. The cargo bugies are well placed, and rigging is functional, particularly with the handy carrying handles. The water tight camera compartment was a big selling point for me, and it is very functional and watertight.

The seat is surprisingly comfortable, but should be adjusted off the water. Raising the seat negated attachment of my Seals 1.7 size spray skirt. The skirt fits tight and there seems to be conflicting sizes recommended by vendors.

All in all, I really like the boat.