Submitted: 08-15-2008 by john

My 140 is my first kayak. I've been more than happy. I kayak twice a week from mid March to mid January in Michigan. I'm 6'7" and weigh 220 and use a spray skirt every time.

The 140 has a lower front deck and tends to take some water over the bow in any chop. (maybe a lighter paddler won't find this happening.) With my spray skirt I stay nice and dry.... and toasty warm in the cold months. I guess I'd probably need a bigger boat if I toured and needed to carry camping gear. Most of my paddling is on rivers as there is more to look at there than on a lake or ocean. The seat is comfortable as heck and after using it at least a hundred times, the seats show no wear.

Glad I was able to get a blem boat and save a hundred over a perfect one as I have added a million more blemishes on it since purchase.