Submitted: 06-08-2000 by PAR

Big, heavy, more big. My wife, son, two daughters and all our gear scoot up wind with 5 paddles going. Our golfing umbrellas make great spinnakers down wind. It is not too bad when lighter with just my son and I, but it is a greyhound bus and does best with 500 lbs or more. We love it when its in the water and with two people its not so bad to carry. I load it on top my full size van with just my 12 yr old son. He is learning with this canoe and loves it. It is not too big unless you are solo with no gear, even then it is stable enough to stand and move about to tend to matters. I can't recommend it enough and really enjoy it. If you cannot carry 100 lbs, get something else. I made my own motor mount with 2x4s and 2x6s and a 6 hp works fine up river, but you do need to balance things out.