Submitted: 08-13-2008 by yakattack0873

I just purchased my Approach 10. I took it for a test on flat water, which was pretty good. The skeg is a must on open flat water for tracking, but the overall control was great. I am 6'1" 170 lbs. and this yak fit me great after tweaking the adjustable thigh and foot braces. Dagger has fixed the "leaking" bulkhead problem by placing grooves in the top and bottom for give when boat flexes. I can't wait to see what this will do on a class 2 or 3 river this fall/winter. From what I can tell so far, it will be easy to control in bigger water.

The only drawback, it is hard to find a neo skirt to fit (deck length is 38). Seals makes one that fits great, but you won't find a neo skirt made by NRS or other popular suppliers. All in all, this is a great boat. Plenty of storage, flotation built in, comfortable and able to tackle flat water or class 2/3 rivers.