Submitted: 08-13-2008 by petegray

My REVO...Sporting the unique pedal power "Mirage Drive", somewhat heavy but very stable and surprisingly fast. Not one to leave well enough alone, and in search of a fishing platform, I've added a GPS/sonar and battery to the package along with larger STS Fins and more effective Sailing Rudder. Detachable/adjustable outriggers allow me to stand while fly fishing flats and estuaries and greatly extend my sight fishing range and capabilities.

With the readily available paddle snugly stored via bungy cord, the pedal system allows for hands free and moderate speed...occasional left hand rudder corrections maintain a desired track... holding and maneuvering in currents while fishing is a snap.

Fairly dry ride and stable in moderate chop and blustery winds...
The "plug in" cart is convenient and effective but, if I'm going over soft sand for an extended portage, I prefer my over-sized "roll eez" fat wheel cart.

I've added a hi-viz orange mast topped with a 360* light and orange flag to be better seen by boaters and have position lights for night ops... On and on, you know how it goes!

I have and enjoy the aesthetics of paddling a Redfish by Heritage but the Revolution is my choice for a day chasing Striped Bass and enjoying this place called Cape Cod...FAR from route 28 gridlock, boat ramps, and the maddening crowd

I gave it a 9 because only a few things in life are "perfect"... NO REGRETS and NO WORRIES!