Submitted: 08-12-2008 by Amery

Ahhhhhh, my long awaited Scapa! I special ordered it and it took ages to get in. It was worth the wait!
I am so excited about this boat. I live near the Ocean Kayak factory and outlet store and could buy any of the OK yaks for half of what I paid for the Scapa. I tried the OK Scupper, Venus, and Scrambler, the Wilderness Jazz, and the Necky Looksha IV. I did like the Scupper Pro quite well, but it was much too heavy for me to haul around and car top by myself. Also, the Scupper's butt print was just a titch too tight, shallow, and uncomfortable for my booty. Sorry to say, I am 5'4" and (eeek) 190 pounds.

I believe the Scapa is faster than the OK Scupper Pro. It is definitely lighter to carry and car top. It's slick and I get looks and questions about it. In the Pacific NW, I've never seen a Scapa and neither has anyone else in my area, I'm sure. Hopefully, I'll be a trend starter for Bic.

Positives: light weight, speed, comfort, styling, stability.

Negatives: I was expecting it to have the bow and keel protectors and the wheel. It had neither. The foot rests don't have a setting that fits me well, but I will adjust to that fine. No access to storage.

Overall, I feel in good contact with the boat (as much as more comfortably than the Looksha I've been paddling for years). I did get the seat back with seems to be of great quality, and feel the seat area is quite comfy enough without it.