Submitted: 08-11-2008 by Carl

I did a lot or research before buying this canoe, and found a few reviews saying the boat was "tippy". I really have no idea what people are talking about. This boat is rock steady. Haven't even remotely come close to flipping it.

I've paddled it with other people and by myself. Paddling alone in the center seat the boat seems very nimble. With two people is cruises right along. Tracks great.

The backrests are really nice for long days and can be folded down if the person in front wants to turn around. The plastic seems really durable too. I've been using the boat for fishing and have no problem casting from the boat. The rod holders work great for trolling, and the cup holders are nice for a can of my favorite beverage.

The boat is a little heavy to carry around by myself, but I can manage if I have to. At first glance storage looks limited, but there's actually quite a bit of room under the seats. I don't think it would be any problem to load this boat with enough gear for two people to go on a 2-3 day camping trip.

Overall, it's just a great boat and does everything I need it to do and more. Can't imagine how it could be better for the money.

Thunder Bay Tourism: