Submitted: 06-08-2000 by Bill Zeller

I have used the Kevlar Lamoille on two wilderness expeditions in the Canadien Arctic for a total of over 1,200 miles. Each time we headed out with 5 weeks worth of gear. Paddling the Kazan river, the Elk and the Thelon in the Northwest Territories we encountered many large lakes as well as significant rapids. the Lamoille handled all in great fashion. We even tried paddling broadside to large waves in 30 MPH winds with a 10 mile reach for the wind. Incredible is all I can say for the performance of this boat as well as the strength of the layup. We also encountered and ran most all rapids (we are very experienced WW paddlers) and I only rate the boat a 9 instead of a 10 because it takes a real experienced team to make necessary moves in white water. It doesn't turn real fast but paddles like a dream in most conditions. We paddled 50 miles on 3 different days. I highly recommend this great boat to anyone taking a trip or wanting a quality boat that really moves through the water.

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: