Submitted: 08-07-2008 by RB3

Souris River Q17, Green El Tigre Kevlar, 44 Lbs.
I researched this purchase for a couple of years before actually buying. I use it on lakes, rivers and streams in the northwest, no white water. My priorities were stability, weight (I must be able to handle it alone and easily) and ease of paddling/maneuverability. It has lived up to all of my expectations. Very easy to portage/handle, I put it on top of the minivan and my young son, wife and I take off for a day of sightseeing and picknicking. It appears to be faster than any of the canoes we have run with and always attracts compliments on its appearance. Three years later, it looks new. There is nothing I don't like about it, and I expect to have this boat for a long, long time. I bought it from Joe at Red Rock, who was practical, honest and straightforward - and suggested that I NOT buy some things from him that I was looking for as he did not believe I needed them - and he was right. A good person to do business with. I would recommend the Q17 to anyone looking for a very high quality all around canoe.