Submitted: 08-07-2008 by roadtomingulay

I've had my Disco for a year and a half now, and it's one of the best purchases I've ever made. I love the yellow/red colour scheme, and I think that it's a lovely looking kayak in terms of general shape. Off the water it's light enough to carry alone, but not too far! The grab handles are excellent for two carriers however.

It feels slightly tippy at first, but after a while it just feels completely natural to paddle, it leans well and feels very stable indeed. It actually feels more stable in rougher waters! It handles waves/swell etc no problem, and it tracks very well indeed, even in strong winds. It's a fast-ish kayak, and it glides really well, making for efficient paddling. There is no hull slap noise at all.

I like the footrests, but I do need a back rest to feel comfortable. The only slight downside I have found is that you do get a wet bum, and the water doesn't drain away, so once water is in the boat, you are sitting in a puddle for the rest of the trip! Overall however, this is a great sit-on-top, which paddles well and looks fantastic!