Submitted: 08-06-2008 by RS

My boyfriend and I purchased 2 Manta Ray 11s. One turned out to be great - the other had a mysterious hull leak and one of the bungee grips came out. This was a surprise because the dealer had highly recommended the Native line to us. We ended up giving up on the leaky boat and now we have one Manta ray 11 and one 12. Both boats are fun, very maneuverable, and have been tested out in rivers, lakes and a bit of coastal paddling. My boyfriend uses it for fishing and it is very stable. Great boats, but we are not sure why we got a bad kayak the first time... the dealer was excellent and very understanding about our problem and let us trade it in at full purchase price for the bigger one. I would say, worth a test at least. And you do need to velcro the seat - unless you want to slide around a lot.