Submitted: 08-06-2008 by DC

I recently purchased the ONNO Sig Full tour with the adjustable ferrule and feather (212-212). I try to support small business as a much as possible and was originally pleased with the service I had received from Pat. He called me on the phone (Canada) and gave me a few pointers for sizing and what he thought would be a suitable paddle. After an 8 week waiting period for the paddle I pretty much got fed up and called a few times and left a few emails only to find he was over worked a little and was not finished the order. - 1 point for service as all he had to do was send a quick email to let me know he would be late and that would have helped ease the anxiety of my internet purchase and let me relax some. In the end when I tracked him down he told me it was already shipped the day before and I would get it soon.

The next negative 2 points come from the paddles behaviour itself. There is a catch at the end of the forward stroke that kinda bugs me. Seems not many others have experienced the problem but when compared with some Werners, Lendals and Aquabounds that I have tried/ owned at some point in time it seems that this catch stands out a little. Could be just me (I doubt it, since many fellow paddlers mentioned the same thing).

On a more positive note. The paddle feels great and looks great. It has a beautiful ferrule system that works magic on the water when you feel like a quick switch. The thing is as light as a feather even tho I have extra lay-up on my design because I like to practice rescues, and it saves a lot on physio appts with the old biceps tendonitis.

All in all, the paddle to me was just "O.K". The lightness and feel weren't enough to out weigh the performance of the paddle for me. I kayak the North Atlantic and frequent long trips. There are better paddles out there if you don't mind spending an extra 50 bucks on them. If I had my time back I would have gone with a Lendal or the Werner (just a personal choice)