Submitted: 08-05-2008 by Little_Frank
I had to replace the Thule Hullaports that I had for 6 years. They worked fine, but they wouldn't clear large sections of the garage where I park at work, and they took too long to put on or take off the rack for me to go through that hassle every weekend. With hardly any reviews of the Bowdown out there, I took a chance...

Yes, they fold down, but the wind noise at highway speeds is unacceptable in that position. The Hullaports added a little noise when the moonroof was open, but nothing like the howling and whistling from the Bowdowns, even with all the windows and the moonroof closed (they don't make noise when the kayaks are loaded onto them). On the other hand, they go on and off with ease. So now I take them off when I'm not using them to transport our kayaks. Not what I expected when I bought them, but they did solve my problems -- the open moonroof is quiet and I can park anywhere in the garage at work.