Submitted: 08-04-2008 by rmcspadden
I love my new Calypso! Had no problems with the tracking. Had it on open water and in rivers with class I, II rapids where it performed well. It's not as fast in the water as my Dirigo 10 or 12 but comes in a close second. The only design flaw is the rear hatch cover. While this kayak is designed for women, a woman didn't design the cover! Any nails whatsoever and you're doomed to break them when replacing the hatch cover. The design for the Dirigo hatches would be a definite improvement. Also, the rear hatch divider wall wasn't glued properly so water seeps in from the bottom of the kayak and soaks anything in the hatch. I originally thought it was a hatch cover issue but soon realized that wasn't the problem. All in all, it's an awesome kayak (the 8/10 rating is due to the aforementioned issues)! It's light and easily transported.