Submitted: 08-04-2008 by Mr_Mantis

I've had this boat for over a year now, and I have to say it is a great canoe. Mrs. Mantis and I have taken this thing down class II rapids, hit very large boulders and managed to stay afloat. We've done shallow, 6" slow rivers with no problem. We go out on lakes a couple times a week, and it always treats us well. Just yesterday, we were going through I'd say 1 1/2' waves with white caps, and we didn't even have to go to the floor.

Our canoe has molded seats, and no backs. It's a 2004. It's very stable and solid in the water. We took it on a 4 day camping trip through the St. Regis area in NY. It handled all of our gear with no problem. I even had my banjo in there. The only reason I gave the boat a 9 is because it is very heavy at 74 pounds. It was very hard to hike that sucker through the mountains and swamps in that wilderness. I made a rig out of an old hiking pack to help carry and it broke in half 2/3 of the way through the trip. It's no problem for short easy portaging though.

We love this boat, it does everything we want, and was cheap, only $400. I would recommend it.