Submitted: 08-01-2008 by Dale

Have had my WS Tarpon 130T tandem for over a year now, so I guess itís time I comment on it.
Bottom line, the Ďonlyí time I donít like it is when I need to move it by myself. As others have said, if I need to lug it any distance, 1st Iíll try not to, but if so, I use a simple DIY T-build cart to get it from my parking area to the ramp or put-in.

As a tandem this boat excels! It handles well and carries lots of gear, less the limitation of the small access ports. Using dry bags it works out great. I even took a std milkcrate and cut one-side of it down so it is now tapered and matches the tapered well in the stern. This kayak is a blast for paddling or fishing for 2 people. Sheís pretty quick and responsive for such a big girl and I believe itís a great blend of performance and stability.

As a solo I find it fun too, less lugging it around Ö but I already mentioned that. Sometimes after putting it on the roof rack by myself, I often dream about getting a lighter 1-person SOT for fishing. But then Iíll use the 130T for two and I just love it all over again! There is plenty of space for customizing it for casual touring and fishing, as Iíve rigged an anchor trolley, fishfinder, and fish rod holders. To top it all off, I paid < $600 brand new! For sure, this is one kayak Iíll never get rid of!

Vasa, Inc.: