Submitted: 07-30-2008 by Kevin1963

My recent purchase of the Freestyle Audio Soundwave from Swimoutlet.com proved to be disappointing.
The Freestyle Audio Soundwave was purchased to solve the problem of me being too scared of exposing my Ipod Nano to the elements in an aftermarket case. While small, lightweight, and having enough memory for my needs, the Soundwave fails in the following categories.
  • Itís not waterproof (and yes, the headphones were plugged in) mine filled with water and failed to work in less than a week.
  • The earphone/earbud design was painful in my ears and failed to keep the water out.
  • The display is difficult to see (as are a lot of LED displays in direct sunlight) and operating the controls with gloves on was impossible.
  • The sequence of buttons that have to operated for volume, play lists etc are not user friendly.
  • The software for loading play lists etc is also not user friendly.
After having pointed out all the negatives, I have to admit that if it had not filled with water and stopped working, I would probably still be using it.

The Soundwave I bought was purchased over the internet from Swimoutlet.com. Swimoutlet.com has a wide selection of products at competitive prices. I only wish they would redirect some of their profits into customer support which is horrible.