Submitted: 07-28-2008 by Wheaton

I bought this canoe two days ago. We sell the Adventure 14 and the Adventure 16 at work. I had been looking at both and had heard they were really good canoes and the price was pretty fair. I originally wanted the 16 foot for more room, but we had sold out of them and hadn't received anymore and later learned we wouldn't be getting any more this year. So I settled for the 14 foot.

I really like it. I am glad that I ended up with the smaller of the two. I didn't really feel like paying an extra $200 for only two extra feet anyway. It is easy for me to carry around by myself and get on top of a SUV. Today was the first day I put it on the water. I brought my dad, my younger brother and my dog. I first went out by myself just to see how tippy it was going to be. I was surprised, it was actually more stable than I had originally thought. I was able to sit in the way back seat or in the middle and paddle around and turn on a dime by myself.

I first brought my little brother out and it was great. Then my dad wanted to give it a try, so we went. He is a bigger fellow, 6'2" and about 280 pounds. He sat in back and me in front. I am 6'1" 215 pounds. and it did seem a little more tippy with him in it. I think it was mainly because he was a little scared and stiff because he is big, he thought he might end tipping it. We didn't.

The canoe was great, I especially like taking it out by myself. Next I plan to take it fishing. Overall I am very pleased. Great canoe for the price... plus my employee discount.