Submitted: 07-28-2008 by EA

My wife and I have used the Strait Edge 2 kayak on lakes and calm rivers. We really like how versatile it is. We have loaded it up with camping gear for an overnight. Used it as a floating picnic table by putting our lunch in the middle and then turning the chairs to face each other. I have also used it as a platform to swim from and sun bath in.

Stability is excellent. I have never felt like it is tippy and it is relaxing to be out on the water.

Durability. No problems so far. We are careful not to drag it and avoid branches and rocks. What I do like is that you can remove the tubes and repair them much in the same ways as a bike inner tube.

Performance wise we are happy. Since it is an inflatable it will not be as fast or track as straight as a hard shell but we have been on rivers and lakes all this summer and had great fun.

Thunder Bay Tourism: