Submitted: 07-28-2008 by GearJunkie

I've had this boat for 4 years now and it has been through hell and back. It's been through the Colorado River 100 mile paddling race twice (the first I did the race, it took my partner and I 22 hours of straight paddling and I think we were the 1st place plastic boat in the coed category), about 100 adventure races, and tons of training runs and fun paddling outings. It's been dragged, dropped, scraped and still floats. While I'm generally happy with the boat, it's a beast. Weighing in at nearly 100 pounds, it's not easy to load on my SUV or portage. The plastic is a bit soft, which wastes some energy. The center hatch leaks and always has. The rear hatch doesn't leak even after all these years and abuse.

If you are looking for a good, stable, boat that will last through a nuclear explosion, this is your boat. It's on-par with the Necky Amaruk.