Submitted: 07-24-2008 by lojbeck
I upgraded to this kayak from a small starter rec boat two years ago. After comparing a lot of boats in this price range and trying different ones at demo days, I was sold. At 52 years old, I don't fold up like I used to and need back support. The seat system along with the performance of the boat made the difference. I settled on the plastic model only because of budget limits.

Most of my paddling is done on day trips lasting 10-20 miles and 4-6 hours in length. The boat has been great in waves and chop up to 3 feet and tracks extremely well. I have not tried to roll it, but normally I don't wear a spray skirt.

The cons associated with this boat are: Hatches are difficult to attach (but have never leaked), foot pegs are small, and knee braces are pretty much non-existent (corrected on new models). I would recommend this kayak to anyone wanting to upgrade from a starter boat. It is forgiving to inexperienced paddlers, but has enough performance features to keep up with a developing paddler's skills.