Submitted: 07-24-2008 by chuckpeacock

This has been my rehab boat that I've paddled a few times since my shoulder injury. I had to sell my heavy sit on top - it would have been better in the long run to keep it, but needed the money for medical bills. This was a good choice however. The first time out I didn't like it all that much because my mobility was limited, and I was in pain, and paddling anything would have not been fun. The last couple of times however, I've found it to be a stable maneuverable kayak that is great for river floats. Perfect for fishing with its great stability, and doesn't turn too much in the current when your ready to make your cast. Moves out nicely for a small yak as well.

My only complaint is no access to storage behind the seat. It might be last years model - I think this years solved this problem, but I got this yak at a great price, only $240 but no seat, had to install a SOT backband and some cushioning for the bottom part of the seat. I had a Victory Blast and I find this to be far superior - thicker plastic, even more stable, better speed, and doesn't turn in the current when fishing like the Blast - fishermen take note. If you can find a good deal on one, take it home, you won't be disappointed.

Squid Anchor: