Submitted: 07-23-2008 by fishwinican

I have used a Swifty on a small sheltered lake for a year. The boat is easy to paddle and does not feel tippy. It tracks as well as I would expect for such a short boat. I can easily paddle it at 3 to 3.5 mph without working too hard. I have fished out of it and paddled it for exercise.

The padded seat is comfortable and the adjustable seat back is a simple but good feature. The boat is lightweight and easy to drain with the drain plug on top of the stern. I am 6'1" and 235 lbs and am able to be comfortable in the boat. The adjustable foot pegs are a nice feature. My wife who is 5'4" also enjoys paddling it. I have not had the boat in current, but it handles well against the wind and in small chop.

I have found it to be a great boat for the money for a small sheltered lake. I got the boat on sale at Dicks Sporting Goods last year for just a little over $200. For a boat under $300 that is 9.5 feet long, it exceeded my expectations.