Submitted: 07-23-2008 by Atlantickayaker
Have had the Manitou 14 for 6 months now and I must say I'm delighted with it. It tracks very well even with the skeg up. The seating is very comfortable. Have had it out in all conditions which, in an Irish summer on the Atlantic, amounts to winds force 4 to 6 gusting to 8, heavy rolling swells and boomers. All in all very stable and reassuring even in terrible conditions.

However in self-rescue situations the high seat back can be a bit annoying so try and stay in the boat, if you turn turtle then carry a paddle float or use cowboy scramble method of re-entry. Solo re-entry can be tricky in heavy seas and the seat complicates things. However on long trips it more then makes up for it. Comfort at my age is everything.

I cannot recommend this boat enough though, it's a great work horse, stable, reliable, strong and relatively light so I can get it on and off the car solo.