Submitted: 07-22-2008 by John

I've paddled in the San Juans, on Lake Washington, around Maui, and in the Willamette River in boats ranging from 14' to 18'. I was looking for a boat in that range but was having a hard time justifying the expense given how often I would get into big enough water to really appreciate them. Then I ran into this boat at Costco just after I moved near a smaller river with several put-ins just minutes from my house. I've been out with it several times over the last couple years and I am very pleased with the boat. It has good stability, is pleasant to paddle, plays nicely in tight spots, and I don't worry about needing much space in put-ins and take-outs. It doesn't generate a lot of hull speed being only 10', but it's perfect for what I've been doing a lot of: small river paddling. Given the price I couldn't recommend it more. If you have a bigger boat but find yourself getting pinched in smaller water or don't like scratching it up in tight or rocky entries/exits, then make this your second boat.

Talic: