Submitted: 07-18-2008 by radar1
I've had a canoe for 30 years, and rented kayaks before, but this is the first kayak I've owned. I'm impressed with this kayak, I've had it out on the mild stretches of the Chattahoochee river and a small lake, and was impressed with both the stability and the tracking. It feels stable and gives a feeling of confidence and the large cockpit makes entry easier than other sit-in kayaks. I've also purchased a bulkhead kit from Austin Kayak so I can seal off the rear hatch, and also got a Harmony fishing console that fits well on the front. If you want a low priced kayak to get you started so you can do river or small lake touring then this is a great kayak to do it in. Highly recommended! This feels like a sports car compared to my canoe and easily fits in the back of my pickup truck.