Submitted: 07-18-2008 by guinnessstout

Just added a Scrambler so my daughter and wife could paddle a single - we already have Malibu 2XL - but I've been using it as well. They love it for shorter fun paddles on Lake Champlain. I've used it on some longer excursions, including one of 15 miles in which I spent the first 2 hours fighting a 15 knot headwind w/2'-3' swells. Made it through fine, but was glad I didn't use the scupper plugs due to wave water. I got wet then but after the water calmed my seat stayed dry. But I found the boat easy to keep straight and it rode the waves well - great fun, actually, and I never felt close to being swamped, even when I got hit sideways a few times. It only drifts from straight when drifting slow. Otherwise very fast compared to the Malibu, and obviously, more maneuverable.

My only complaint is that at 5'11" and 220, it's a bit narrow and small for me, but then, I didn't get it for me either, and on shorter trips that really wouldn't be an issue. I like the fact that to get in I can straddle the boat in the shallows and then just sit down, and at just over 40 pounds I can pick it up and carry it over my head for a couple hundred yards if I have to.