Submitted: 07-16-2008 by catfish228
I've owned the green Tahiti K79 for a while. It is my least favorite inflatable kayak (I own 4 different ones with my favorite being the Stearns 1k-116). I bought it for my husband who is 6 ft. He said the seat was too small for him, so he turned it around and used it as a backrest. He never wanted to use the kayak again. Last fall I decided to use it on the Au Sable River so I could see if he was complaining for nothing.

I found the seat to be entirely too small to sit on. I had to keep trying to get my butt back on it. The side tubes are quite big so you expend more energy trying to reach over them. I had to paddle continually. Every time I stopped, the boat immediately did an about-face so I was facing backwards (no relaxing float here).

But the worst thing is that by the end of a 2 hour trip, one side tube as quite low on air. Obviously, I had a leak. I have since tried to find the leak but to no avail. I have emailed Sevylor twice to see what they can do for me. I'm still waiting for a response.

Need less to say, I'm not thrilled with the boat. Only two uses out of it and I'm ready to sell (if I can fix the leak). Maybe it would track better with 2 people in it, but I still would worry about it holding air. I'd much rather have a kayak with the nylon cover.