Submitted: 06-04-2000 by Dan

I've been paddling a Chinook for about 5 years now, and I'm getting ready to buy a new boat. I narrowed my search down to the Atlantis, Eclipse, Epic, and the Vizcaya. For some reason, the Vizcaya does not get much respect with the people I've talked with, maybe due to it's shorter length, maybe because they've never paddled it.

I found the Vizcaya to be the most compfortable kayak that I've ever been in, which is important when you consider that you might paddle anywhere from 2 to 8 hours at a time. The boat tracked great, I never dropped the rudder. While it seemed a little tippy at first, I quickly adjusted to it especially once up to speed. The boat was surprising responsive to turning when rotating the hips. Because I did not have a spray skirt I was not able to try rolling the boat, but I was impressed with the comportable thigh braces which felt like they would be a great asset when rolling. I liked the day hatch, and again the seat was great. I can't end this review without saying that this boat is also great looking. Overall, I'm very impressed. I'm hoping to get one soon.