Submitted: 07-15-2008 by Zac

I like this boat a lot. I bought it from Sports Authority here in central Florida. Me and my buddies in college do a lot of wade fishing the flats and decided to get into kayak fishing so we could more ground. Being on a student budget this combo looked like gold! Me and 4 other buddies all bought one from Sports Authority and went bass fishing the entire week until we got home to Sarasota for the weekend.

The boat is awesome! The paddle is horrible though, like many other posts, bloody knuckles is an understatement. Took me another paycheck to save up for a better paddle and with stabilizers from www.keywestpaddlesports.com and quite a few mods, we can all stand and cast, or fly fish from all of out boats without a problem. It's a boat folks, you're floating in the water, you're going to get wet. I bought a cheap bicycle seat from Wal-Mart and that's what I sit on. Pegs are great, rod holder really isn't that big of an issue for me and you're in a kayak for crying out loud! Pack Light! of course if you've got 20 lbs of gear in the boat the performance is not going to be great.

All in all, for a beginner, or someone looking to not spend as much money on a fishing kayak and with few modifications this boat is sweeet! Hey if a college student can afford it, anybody can!

NRS: