Submitted: 07-15-2008 by Patuxent
It may be unfair to rate a boat based upon a demo day paddle - so that's a big caveat to this rating.
I wanted to like this boat. First, it's easy to carry & lift onto or off a roof. The construction was fine and it was well finished. The seat was comfortable. Upon launching from the demo beach, the factory rep warned that it was "a bit tippy"; I found it to be very stable for my 5'9"/188. Turns easily with skeg up and has expected speed for its dimensions. My complaint with this boat was its surprising tendency to leecock in very mild wind, and this takes many points off for my rating. Some skeg helped a little, but not enough. Compared this model at same conditions with CD Oracle, Solstice GTS and Cypress and those boats did not exhibit leecocking in the same conditions. Maybe it was just this particular boat - so test paddle the one you are interested in buying.