Submitted: 07-09-2008 by YakfisherSKILZ

When I walked in to Dickís sporting goods looking for a kayak I was stunned by the prices. However prices aside I was looking for the most stable looking kayak I could find because I was going to use it for fishing.

The Blast by Victory immediately stood out from the pack. Itís clearly wider than the others, but shallower as well. I thought it would sit too low in the water and therefore brushed it off. After seeing all of these reviews I gave the Blast a second look and after the store clerk told me it was on sale for $199 I bought it on the spot and threw her in the back of my truck.

For a total cost of about $300 bucks I got a kayak, life vest, paddle, paddle anchor for side of kayak and a fishing rod holder, thatís still a hundred cheaper than the next cheapest kayak. I havenít caught many fish yet, but the one I did catch came in easily. I was worried about tipping my kayak once I get the big one on, but I can assure you this kayak feels steady. It is a bit cramped, but goes real straight and smoothly in the water. Dollar for dollar this is the best deal out there!