Submitted: 07-03-2008 by KDS

We've had our Triple for 2 1/2 yrs. Best solution we could find in a car top watercraft for the family - me, wife, 9 yr old son and 70# labradoodle. Yes it was very difficult for my wife and I to load on our Ford Explorer, so I bought the canoe loader from Cabelas for $80 and now easily load and unload it myself.

We've had this boat out in 2' white caps on wind blown lakes multiple times and have never felt in danger of flipping. My son stands in the front to fish, and it's so stable you can easily climb in and out while swimming without fear of tipping over. It's aerodynamic enough that I've seen no decrease in fuel economy hauling it and it also service as car top storage for all the fishin and some camping gear.

It paddles fast with the 3 of us in sync, and isn't too difficult to handle from the middle alone. The middle compartment isn't self bailing, so it will collect some water, especially when the waves are high. I still think it's the best solution in economical family water recreation you could find. I caught 17 smallmouth bass from it in one afternoon this spring:)