Submitted: 07-02-2008 by SurfSnook

I had wished there were more reviews on this kayak when I was thinking about buying it a few days ago for use on a Central Florida, Atlantic beach. I bought it anyway, took it out the last 2 mornings, and it is great! I thought it would be stable, secure and give a high and dry ride - it does.

I was worried it would be too heavy. I can drag it across the beach by myself, and I can haul it up those wooden stairs that go down to the beach from the dune. I think it would be a challenge to get it up to a rack on a car's roof by myself. We walk it with a little hand cart. With the cart under the middle of the kayak it is lite as a feather when properly balanced. It would be very heavy if you put the cart under one end of the kayak.

It has a high, up-curved bow which has worked great going out and coming back in through the small waves that tumble onto the beach. It slid sideways coming in today in a bigger wave, and I was sure we would flip over, but it remained stable and we just washed up on the beach sideways. I think the other tandem kayak I have used would have flipped in the same wave.

It holds my wife, teenage daughter and me just fine - comfy and adequate room. It is much higher, dryer, and gives a greater sense of security than the other tandem I have used, with just a little more weight to deal with when transporting. Oh, I still haven't been able to pry the storage lid loose. I highly recommend it for a couple or a family. Hope this helps, friends.

Watercraft Technologies, Inc.: