Submitted: 05-31-2000 by Bullwinkle

A narrow width whitewater play design from Jim henry and likely someone else, the Outrage is the finest solo whitewater canoe I've ever paddled. Perhaps slightly jittery forthe complete novice, if you have intermediate or better paddling skills, this needs to be your next solo boat if you are under 200#.

It has the speed not found in other 12 whitewater boats, itturns as fast as you would ever need to in Class IV water, it's secondary stabilty is outstanding, and it's narrow profile allows you those effortless cross over strokes the short armed and limber-challeneged folks have been seeking. The workmanship on my boat is first rate as in all their other designs, and I would recommend it to anyonee wanting to push their skills to the next level. I teach out of mine, I race it in the recreational class slaloms in the area, if I ever wear it out, another will replace it! You can normally judge how popular a boat design is by how many show up on the used boat billboards and in the newspapers. Try and find a used Outrage anywhere. If you desire to sell yours, I have a long list of folks waiting one!!

I'd say something negative if there were anything to complain about. It's a close to a perfect solo whitewater canoe as has ever been made. BTW, for those of you over 200#, try the Outrage X!!