Submitted: 06-26-2008 by flatfish

A few additional comments after a lot more paddling in my Nordkapp H2O.
This is not a "dry" boat; waves run up from behind in following seas, over the bow in head seas and across the deck in beam seas. But that's part of its outstanding rough water performance. It doesn't get tossed around by waves, rather the waves flow past or over it while the kayak remains remarkably steady. (It is disconcerting at the beginning, though.)

The more I paddle the Nordkapp the faster I can make it go. This is especially true in following seas. With concentration, the energy in waves from astern can be harvested with remarkable efficiency. In a following sea no one I know can keep up with me, even quite good paddlers in very good kayaks.

The Nordkapp remains the most seaworthy and fastest kayak I've ever paddled. It is also dramatically unforgiving. There is little static stability. The paddler has to provide the dynamic stability. If you do, the rewards are exceptional.