Submitted: 06-26-2008 by Nancy

I have borrowed Ocean brand kayaks and mainstream brand kayaks as well as rented Malibu kayaks and I still prefer my inexpensive Viper. However it is molded under the legs and in the seating, even with the basic seat backs it came with I get good back support. Speed is not my main focus but touring is. I have taken this off the beach, in the intracoastal, and through the Everglades. Just need to use the skeg to stay on course. Three years of frequent wavy wakish paddling and my skeg has stayed in place, but just in case I did drill a hole in the top of the skeg to shoelace it to my boat in the event of it coming loose which it has not. I am always grateful we bought matching Vipers. We are usually the first kayakers on the scene to get our boats unloaded and later loaded onto our vehicle. I find these boats comfortable stable and fuss free to lift and load. To carry items you need to be creative, but it's a nice ride.

Warren Light Craft: