Submitted: 06-26-2008 by TA

We bought the Escape having never even been in a canoe before. Ours is the tuff-weave version, weighs about 65 LBS.

We could not be happier with our purchase. While we are inexperienced canoers, we have done quite a bit of sailing, and in many respects the Escape reminds me of a sailboat - the stern paddler can effectively use their paddle like a rudder and get great turning results. I love the way this boat tracks in the water, my wife and I can get this thing cooking if we want to, with very little effort.

Others have talked about initial stability being a drawback. It took us no time to get used to the stability of this boat, when it warms up, we are going to see just how much it takes to to tip this thing, but the lakes are still too cold right now for that.

I can't imagine us ever wanting or needing a different boat, we bought what we thought was our second boat first, but I'm afraid that We-No-Nah isn't going to get any more of our money, this boat will be all we ever need.