Submitted: 06-25-2008 by SDR

I have had 8 kayaks and had weeded them out to just 3 but was missing a open water boat that I could pack light. I do not do much extended camping from the boat, so this was the size that I was looking for. I just got the Tsunami recently and it was after some research and looking at several other products. I went with the Tsunami 140 after the research and based on who the local dealer is and their expertise. I have spent some time in the boat on a medium to large inland lake, with great enjoyment, the wind was about 10-15 mph, with 1+ chop. It glided through without any issue and was very comfortable.

I will have to agree with one of the other reviewers the Phase 3 seat is very comfortable but I could see where the roll would be awkward as I could not lay all the way back on the back deck like I could on my Valley Skeray. But overall I give this boat a high rating and it is a pleasure to paddle. I am looking forward to a long day on the Lake Michigan to test the big lake ability of this boat. I would recommend it for what I have done with it so far.