Submitted: 06-20-2008 by VirginiaJim

I purchased my 2008 Ride 135 on 6-14-08. I am 6'3" and about 275 pounds. In addition to this boat, I have a 13.5' Perception America and a 11' America. I went to a big demo day and tried out similar boats by all the other manufacturers. I felt the Ride tracked pretty good and had good speed. My America is slightly better in these categories. When I plug the holes, the water stays out, otherwise, at my weight, there is about an inch of water in the boat. It comes up just below the seat. If you get water in the seat, it doesnít have a way to drain out. I donít mind it at all in the summer. In the winter, you can plug the holes. The small hatch in the cockpit collects a little too much water.

I agree about the footpegs; they didnít work great at the demo. I am considering reinforcing them in the center. My calves also rest directly on the plastic, which hurts after a few hours. The boat is wide so you will need a longer paddle. It is also very heavy. Limitations aside, I bought this because I can move all around it, which is impossible in a sit-inside. You can swing your legs off the side to reach items behind you, you can slip into the water to cool off and easily reenter the boat. I can even turn myself around and lay down on my back in the footwell, if I need to try and catch some rays.

It has tons of storage space, and is great for fishing. The boat is super stable and is surprisingly agile. Some sit-on-tops feel like a barge. This one can perform. It is also much easier to get in and out of, as compared to a sit-in boat. Overall, I am completely satisfied. The complaints I have cannot compare to the benefits of this type of boat.