Submitted: 06-19-2008 by Steve

Traded in my 16 foot tandem Cabo and bought the Malibu XL. The boat is 60 pounds compared with 80. It turns easier than the Cabo is more stable and doesn't get turned as easy in the wind. I use the boat in the ocean in Bradley Beach, NJ and enjoy wave riding, snorkeling and touring. The boat handled the surf well, both tandem and single from the center seat. The seats are relatively comfortable and the paddle holders are a nice addition. I like the fact that it does not come with a hatch, less leaking. The seats are separated far enough that if you are out of cadence, your paddles will not hit each. The built in keel helps the boat track nicely coming down the face of a wave. I would recommend this boat. John at Jersey Paddler was very helpful in choosing the right kayak for my needs.