Submitted: 06-16-2008 by 1tillie1
Update to my review of 10/5/07
I continue to be very pleased with my Adventure 125XL she remains a good choice for me. Here are some follow-up observations:
Hope this helps. Remember-PADDLE B4 YOU BUY! It also makes sense to look for used kayaks once you know what you want. If you use them, they won't look new for long!
- In light air, the bow wanders if you paddle too strongly - take it easy!
- With a quartering wind/sea she will weathercock, so you have to work a little harder. I am experimenting with weight fore & aft to see if it helps.
- Like JRS, I have trouble putting & keeping my sprayskirt on the cockpit rim.
- The cockpit is too wide for me to comfortably hook my knees/thighs inside & under the rim. I find it more comfortable to wedge against the inner edge of the rim, especially now that I have velcroed minicell foam pads there. (In addition, I can reposition the velcro if necessary.)
- She is super stable & solid. When caught in a mid-lake squall, I had no problems except that I was forced to stop paddling & hold her stern to the wind in the strongest gusts. I was never worried about stability. She stayed bone dry under the sprayskirt & inside the hatches.
- It is still a struggle to load her onto the J's on my Forester by myself. Piece of cake with two people.