Submitted: 06-13-2008 by Kansas_picker

I researched canoe trailers for some time before choosing this model. A friends Magneta blew over on the road while the Rack n Rolls and Sports Rigs seemed pricey and better suited to kayaks. The heavy outfitter types were just too big.

I can move this 4-place by myself (add a tongue jack) and it fits through the gate to the back yard. All small canoe trailers seem designed to be very tongue heavy.

I found the Genesis trailers on Ebay. Google the company name for their site. Check Marc's Marine for pricing. They seemed sturdy and not overly bulky. The 4 and 6 place models have a wider profile than similar Magnetas and appear more stable. I haven't put many miles on the rig and will update this review as I know more.

The galvanized finish is a bit rough but serviceable and the hand welds look solid on the frame. The tongue is removable with two bolts with quick disconnects for the lights wiring. It can be used as a garage boat rack minus the tongue.

The only drawback was shipping (reason for 8 rating). Mine was one of the first to be drop shipped through Marc's Marine. The shipper showed up 4 hrs. early and left a pile of parts on the driveway. An upright support was missing. The manufacturer blamed the shipper but fasteners for the part were also missing. They sent a replacement support and I got u-bolts and nuts at the hardware store. Minor assembly was straightforward. The vendor and manufacturer were helpful.

For half the price of the high-end models, I think I got what I wanted.

Bending Branches: