Submitted: 06-11-2008 by DBC

I am new to kayaks but neither I, nor my wife, were impressed with this kayak. We rented the prowler 13 and the caper this weekend to try them on the flats and they were like night and day. She was on the Caper and could not keep up with me on the Prowler. She seemed to be having to paddle harder than me but I wrote it off as to her not being used to the kayak and nervous.

We spent about 2 hours fishing and decided to swap. I could not believe the effort I had to put into paddling to get that thing to move and if I stopped it didn't coast at all. We were in a pretty good chop and going into the wind, so I had to constantly paddle HARD. After spending two hours in the Prowler and enjoying paddling softly so my wife could keep up, I was now working my butt off. It was noisy going into the chop also, very noticeably compared to the Prowler. Comfort was also not as good and my wife changed her mind about getting the Caper and now wants a Prowler 13.