Submitted: 06-10-2008 by Rick

This is my second review of this Red Pamlico 100 kayak. Again, this is my first kayak. We just spent the week at Barren River Lake. The wind was around 15-20mph, and the waves were whitecapping. The waves were as big as I have ever seen them on this lake, and I have camped at this lake every summer for 34 years. The wind and the waves barely affected me. I am 6'1" and 220lbs, and I could just sit in my kayak and act as a bobber, and could not be tipped, even without use of any muscles.

My 6 and 10 year old girls took turns climbing onto the bow and diving into the water. What fun!! Very easy to maintain stability.

I then got into my newly purchased Pelican Ultimate DLX 100, which my 19-year-old son just loves (it is also his first kayak), and I was immediately struck by the feeling that I was going to tip over. The Pelican Ultimate forced me to lean left, or right, I could not just sit like in my Pamlico. That would be fine if it didn't hurt my back to lean all the time.

My wife and I are going to Nashville, 60 miles away, tomorrow to buy a blue Pamlico 100. I LOVE MY KAYAK!!!

Sealline: