Submitted: 05-27-2000 by Chris

The Eclipse is simply the best boat I have ever paddled. I realize that some people may be hung up by it's lack of stability, but for someone who races like I do, the trade-off of stability for speed is well worth it. The boat respond very well to a lean because of its narrow hull. My only complaint is that when I do a hard turn using the rudder, my feet get stuck in the bow if I wear shoes. It fits my feet better than most other boats, though, and I can turn my feet as I push on the rudder pedals to prevent a jam. The molded seat with padding is excellent, and I am pleased with the cockpit's compatibility with Perception's RGS system. The hatches stay nice and dry, but the outer stern cover is a bit awkward to put on. The rudder system seems fairly sturdy compared to others that I've seen. In my experience, this is the best rotomolded touring kayak available.