Submitted: 06-05-2008 by SKA

I just purchased a used Lost Pond 10 and just love it. I was looking for a short 10 to 13 foot canoe for taking my dog with on smaller streams. I though I might have to settle for a used white water canoe when I read a classified for a Hornbeck. I was lucky enough to be the first person to respond because the seller told me he had people lined up if I did not want the boat.

I have only had the boat for a week but have already done three rivers and a lake. Unfortunately the dog has only had one ride. I am 6'2" and 190 pounds and the boat fits me fine. My kevlar boat weighs only 18 pounds and is a dream to carry, load, and paddle. I can turn it on a dime and give you eight cent change. I can also keep up with a mid size kayak or a river cruiser but can easily go places they can't.

This boat isn't perfect for everything - that is why it is my third boat. However is is fun, versatile, and so light I am the envy of all my friends.

New York Kayak Co.: