Submitted: 06-04-2008 by thesubaruguru

SEE MY REVIEW OF THE P&H CETUS for a comparison of this new design compared to the Force.
In short:

PROS: VERY good tracking and resistance to wind, yet lean-turns easily. Fast and quiet cruiser. Nice Valley hatches, far better QA than older Impex hulls. 52lbs in C/K. Portage grips wonderful.

CONS: Horribly narrow FB seat layup...must be replaced. Skeg box somewhat intrusive. Deck is FB, not like C/K hull. Long waterline a bit sluggish off the line, so not a playboat.

I picked it over the Explorers, Aquanauts, Tempests and Chathams (of course) for ocean conditions. I'm 5'11", 190, 11.5 feet. If you're smaller try the lower Force4 first (same hull).

It'll be very interesting to see if I keep BOTH this F5 and the Cetus, as they have different personalities. The Cetus is VERY disobedient in wind without a lot of skeg, but is wildly fun, but so far I trust the Force more....